Proof TOT TIME EXPLORATION
Parents, this is an exclusive opportunity to swim with your child without the big kids around. Bring your little ones and enjoy some quiet time! You’ll have access to the shallow pool, which includes 2 tunnel slides and a boat slide, play features and floatables. Even better - when Rock River Rapids opens to the public, you may stay and swim!
This activity is restricted to children 5 years old and younger, and they must be accompanied by a patron 16 years or older at all times. Ratio is 2 children per adult and regular admission is required. Not valid with any other coupons. Tot Time begins at 11:00 am. Tot time takes place on Saturdays only during the summer season. Adults ($9) and youth ($8) pay normal admission. When the park opens to the general public at 12:30 pm, tot time swimmers are free to stay as long as they wish. Children 2 and under swim free.
Come joins us on August 1 and 8 at 10:30 am at the pavilion for story time by a mermaid prior to tot time. The Derby Public Library is providing stories and is sure to be a great start to the day!
SLIDE AND DIVE MOVIE’S - (MOVIE IN THE POOL)
Join us June 11 to watch Disney’s FROZEN 2!
WORLD’S LARGEST SWIMMING LESSON
Be a part of history! Join us on June 18 from 10 - 10:30 am for World’s Largest Swim Lesson. In an attempt to break the Guinness World Record of 36,564, and build awareness about the vital importance of teaching kids to swim, Rock River Rapids will join aquatic centers from around the world as a part of the World’s largest Swimming Lesson. Bring your entire family, friends and neighbors and brush up on your swimming skills while being part of the world record attempt. Please arrive by 9:30 am for registration.
ROCK RIVER RAPIDS cardboard regatta
NEW! Join us for our first ever Cardboard Boat Regatta on July 9! The regatta challenges the Derby community to design, build and navigate boats made entirely from corrugated cardboard and duct tape. The regatta is open to participation for teams of up to 4 people of all ages. Racers are welcome to stay once the event ends.
Awards will be given for the following:
- Titanic Award: most spectacular sinking boat
- The Enterprise Award: most creative design
- The Pontoon Award: stayed afloat the longest
- The Yacht Award: best decorated boat
- Power Boat Award: quickest boat
- Crew members may consist of 2-4 people
- Each crew member in the vessel must wear a PFD (provided)
- Each crew member’s body must be fully contained within the boat structure (no rafts or surf-style boards are permitted)
- Races will begin in the water at the wall with crew members in the boat
- Boats can only use use oars to make forward progress
- No swimming, kicking or towing of boats will be allowed
- Boats will be inspected for rule compliance prior to the race beginning
- Boats deemed non-compliant will not be allowed to race
- Boats must be pre-built and can be fine-tuned on site
- The entire boat must be made of only corrugated cardboard and duct tape
- Corrugated bonded to other substances like vinyl or wax are not permitted
- Duct tape may be used to reinforce seams only - you cannot wrap the entire boat in duct tape
- Any paintable "one-part" paint may be used as waterproofing
- Epoxy glue, fiberglass resins, urethane or other two-part finishes are prohibited
- Hulls cannot be wrapped in plastic or other materials
- Paint must be applied prior to arriving at Rock River Rapids
- The crew compartment must not be enclosed or interfere with escape
- Boats must be propelled by the use of a paddle
- Paddles may be made of cardboard or pool noodles are permitted
Party at the rock
Join us for our 2nd Annual Party at the Rock! 90 Proof Project will be playing live music, food trucks, yard games and more time in your favorite water park. This event is just $5 per person and is from 7:30-10:00 pm on July 17th.
6TH-8TH GRADE BACK TO SCHOOL BASH
Who says music and water don’t mix? Join your friends for a night of music and fun in the water on August 14th from 7-9:00 pm. Wear your swim suit to the bash. Please remember that USD 260 rules still apply and will be enforced. Concessions are available and security officers will be present. Fee is $5 per student. Volunteer chaperones are always welcome and needed.
POOCH POOL PARTY
Rock River Rapids ends the season with a doggie splash! The Pooch Pool Party takes place after the humans have used the pool for the last time this swim season. Join us on August 15 from 1:30-3:30 pm. Chemicals in the water are adjusted "for a different breed of swimmers." For human safety, only guests 16 years and older can get in the water and only up to their thighs. We will not allow any children in the water. No aggressive dog or females in heat will be allowed for the safety of other guests. All dogs must have current vaccinations, including rabies. Owner must be in control of their pet(s) at all times, 2 pets per guest ($5.00 per dog). Door prizes will be given out throughout the event as well as prizes for the following competitions:
- Best Dressed Dog
- Dog/Owner Look Alike
- Largest Dog
- Smallest Dog
SUMMER SWIM MEETS
Rock River Rapids is pleased to host summer swim meets for the Wichita Aqua Shocks and the Derby Dolphins. During their meets the lap pool will be closed; however the rest of the park is filled with adventure waiting for you.
Wichita Aqua Shocks Swim Club - June 5-7. THE LAP POOL WILL BE CLOSED FOR GENERAL PATRON USE ALL DAY FOR THIS EVENT.
Derby Dolphins Swim Club - June 4 and June 9. THE LAP POOL WILL BE CLOSED FOR GENERAL PATRON USE AT 5 PM FOR THESE EVENTS.
Please note the diving boards, drop slides, climbing walls, floatables, and basketball goals will not be available for use.