Due to today’s declaration of the state of local disaster emergency by Sedgwick County, all public facilities operated by the DRC will be temporarily closed effective 6 PM Monday, March 16. This includes the Derby Recreation Center, the Oaklawn Activity Center, and the Hubbard Arts Center.
All associated programs at these facilities are temporarily postponed. Spring programs scheduled to begin March 23rd at any location are temporarily postponed. Please stay tuned to our website and social media. As more information becomes available we will be updating the public. Our staff will responding to emails and voicemails during this time. A full staff email directory can be found by clicking on Staff Directory at the top of the home page.
The DRC is evaluating current memberships and program registrations for a positive resolution with our clientele. We will be communicating these steps later in the week.
Thank you for your patience and for partnering with us in the health of our community.
Temporary Closure FAQs
1. When will Derby Recreation Commission facilities re-open?
The DRC continues to closely monitor the Coronavirus situation. At this time, no re-open date has been established and will not be determined until it is safe and responsible to do so.
2. How is my DRC membership being handled during the temporary closure and when the DRC re-opens?
- All active monthly and annual memberships will be extended for at least the amount of time we are closed. Upon re-opening, your membership will be active and ready for use. If your membership expired before the closure, you will need to re-activate your membership at Guest Services.
- All active auto-pay memberships, including Kids Club, and corporate auto-pay memberships have been frozen during the temporary closure. Your account will NOT be charged during the temporary closure. For your convenience, upon re-opening, your membership will be re- activated without any action from our members. Additional, specific information will be shared with auto-pay members regarding your account prior to our re-opening.
3. With Schools being closed for the remainder of the year, will I be credited for my DNMS Bus Membership?
Yes, these memberships have been canceled for the remainder of the school year. Pro-rated refunds from the last day school was in session have been credited back to the method of payment.
4. What if I had a personal training session scheduled during the temporary closure?
Upon re-opening, a DRC staff person will be in contact with you to re-schedule your session(s). All personal training expirations will be extended for at least the amount of time we are closed.
5. Will the DRC spring program session occur?
No, the scheduled spring program session has been canceled. If it is safe and responsible the DRC may provide unique special events or special programs later in the spring.
6. How will I be refunded for spring program registrations?
Refunds for spring program registrations will be processed and refunded, within 10-14 business days, to your original method of payment.
Effective Wednesday 3/25/20, the Sedgwick County Health Official executed a Stay at Home order. For the immediate future, outdoor areas and parks including ballfields are allowed to stay open, however practices and team gatherings are not allowed to exceed 10 people. The following information is also important for you to know:
-For your safety, park restrooms are temporarily closed.
-For your safety, use of playground equipment is discouraged.