Types of Cooking Classes
Take a cooking class at the Hubbard Arts Center in the state of the art commercial grade kitchen. Each class is designed around specific food types within the categories of Cultural, baking, sweet treats, quick and easy, holiday and basic kitchen.
In these classes you will be given step-by-step instructions as you move through the recipe, following along with the instructor to create a hands on approach.
Providing nutrition education and cooking fun!
Testimony of students...
- Heart the cake classes! (Chef Fiona and Chef Jacqueline)
- You have a winner with Deved. Love that Deved! (Chef Deved)
- Very organized, my granddaughter loved it! (Chef Janea)
- We love your classes. (Chef Janea)
- Love the class. It was informative and a great time! (Chef Angelika)
- You’re awesome! (Chef Angelika)
- Such a great time. The environment and Angelika were awesome! (Chef Angelika)
- Outstanding class. I can’t wait for the next one. (Chef Deved)
- Great little cake! (Chef Fiona and Chef Jacqueline)
- Very kind and helpful instructor. (Chef Nicole)
- Thank you, thank you, thank you! (Chef Angelika)
- Thanks for the great time. It was fun cooking in a group environment. (Chef Angelika)
The Kitchen requires advanced registration in order to purchase enough food and supplies. Please plan to register, at minimum, 10 days prior to the start date. Thank you!
More on "The Kitchen"
Introducing our new culinary arts kitchen located at the Hubbard Arts Center. "The Kitchen" allows the Derby area community to come in and cook, smell and taste the food while learning beneficial nutrition practices. The Kitchen strives to make cooking accessible to everyone, by providing delicious recipes and menus that are quick, easy and affordable, accommodating varying interests, ages, and abilities.
- Providing a fun interactive culinary experience.
- Promote skills and self-sufficiency in preparing healthy, economical meals that focus on whole grains, fresh produce and minimally processed foods.
- Educate community members on the fundamentals of cooking and nutrition, meal planning, affordable grocery shopping, and unique cooking experiences.
- Spark a healthy eating movement in the Derby Community.
- Create a sense of community.
Adult and youth programs are categorized into "Series" or one-day. Fees include all food needed for the program. Registration is required in order to know how much food to purchase. Classes are subject to be cancelled if registration minimum is not met.
The DRC is always seeking instructors to provide instruction in The Kitchen. We have a fully equipped demonstration/ instructional kitchen.
Responsible for organizing and instructing designated DRC culinary programs. Applicants must be confident, have good communication skills, dependable, and detail-oriented. Teaching and/or culinary background is preferred and applicant must be comfortable engaging and instructing kids and adults of all ages. Varied shifts available including daytime, evening and weekends.