- Feature Links
- Child Safety Disqualifiers
Child Safety Disqualifiers
Volunteer Criminal Background Disqualifiers
These items are disqualifiers for persons seeking volunteer or employment opportunities through the Derby Recreation Commission.
- All sex offenses, regardless of the amount of time since offense.
- Child molestation, rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, sodomy, prostitution, solicitation, indecent exposure, etc.
- All felony violence, regardless of the amount of time since offense.
- Murder, manslaughter, aggravated assault, kidnapping, robbery, aggravated burglary, etc.
- All felony offenses other than violence or sex within the past 10 years.
- Drug offenses, theft, embezzlement, fraud, child endangerment, etc.
- All misdemeanor violence offenses within the past seven years
- Simple assault, battery, domestic violence, hit and run, etc.
- All misdemeanor drug and alcohol offenses within the past three years or multiple offenses in the past 10 years.
- Driving under the influence, simple drug possession, drunk and disorderly, public intoxication, possession of drug paraphernalia, etc.
- Any other misdemeanor within the past 5 years that would be considered a potential danger to children or is directly related to the functions of that volunteer.
- Contributing to the delinquency of a minor, providing alcohol to a minor, theft - if person is handling monies, etc