General Building Rules
General Building RulesThese rules apply to all areas of the Derby Recreation Center:
- All participants must be at least 8 years of age or accompanied by an adult 16 or older.
- All persons are expected to conduct themselves in such a manner so as not to endanger them or others, cause damage, or threaten the well-being of others.
- activity areas of the Recreation Center.
- Loitering, smoking, and tobacco use
areprohibited on Recreation Center grounds and in the Recreation Center.
- A strict I.D. policy is enforced when entering all activity areas.
- Foods and beverages (excluding water bottles) are prohibited in all activity areas. Chewing gum is prohibited in the basketball courts, activity studios, and pool areas.
- Abusive and profane language is prohibited.
Rough housingand horseplay are prohibited.
- Appropriate dress, including shirts and shoes, must be worn while in the facility.
- The Recreation Commission is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please secure valuables appropriately.
- Bicycles, pets, and skates of any kind are not permitted inside the center.
- Office phones are restricted to commission business only. A courtesy phone is available for your use in the lounge. Messages will be delivered in cases of emergency only.
- Children are not to be left unattended.
- DRC scheduled activities will take priority in all activity areas.
- The Recreation Center staff has absolute authority to enforce all rules and evict any participant from the premises who does not behave in an appropriate manner.
- The Derby Recreation Center allows concealed carry of guns in its facility according to State law KSA 75-7c720. As a City owned facility the DRC refers any questions regarding this policy to the City Attorney. (788-3132).
- Rules may be reviewed and changed without notice.