Group Exercise Gets Results
If you want to improve your fitness level, group exercise classes are a great way to get results from your workouts. Whether your fitness goals are gaining strength, increased endurance or complete body transformation, group fitness classes are the best option for many people.
DRC fitness instructors are nationally certified with years of experience. Most our instructors have been teaching for us many years with diverse talent in the fitness industry. The DRC keeps all instructors and personal trainers current in CPR and AED.
Participants who register for a class where the capacity enrollment has been reached will go on a wait list and receive a confirmation receipt. Once notified of space becoming available, participant will have until the close of the next business day to register and pay fees for the class.
For your safety, children are prohibited from attending adult classes with their parents. Childcare is available for some classes, refer to the fitness chart to guide you on the classes that have childcare.
All classes in the studios have mats for your use, but we highly suggest that you purchase your own mat for future classes that you plan to attend.
Benefits of Group Exercise
- Motivation: A little encouragement from the instructor or fellow classmate can help you keep up your level of workout intensity. A good group fitness class should provide a very positive atmosphere.
- Competition: Healthy competition helps most people deliver their best effort. Challenging a workout buddy can help you both do more than you would have done on your own.
- Community: Enduring a challenging workout together is a great way to develop new friendships.
- Accountability: When you’re part of an exercise group, others will know when you miss a workout. You’ll be less likely to skip a group strength training class when others are counting on you.
- Structure: An instructor led workout is more likely to be a well planned, complete workout. On your own you might be tempted to skip exercises you don’t like or aren’t sure how to perform correctly.
- Fun: A good group exercise class will encourage a sense of play. If you’re smiling and sweating at the same time your intensity will be higher and you’ll realize better results.